[blfs-book] r10991 - trunk/BOOK/xincludes

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 1 15:18:32 PST 2013

On 2/1/2013 5:06 PM, randy at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: randy
> Date: Fri Feb  1 15:06:05 2013
> New Revision: 10991
>
> Log:
> Added xinclude files for adding update-desktop-database and gtk-update-icon-cache commands to packages (hopefully text this time)

Though I kind of thought this was all I had to do to fix the issue,
it still would not have sent a meaningful commit message that had
the actual diffs unless I removed the files and the re-added them.
For whatever reason, 'svn add' adds the files as binary files, then
before committing, I ran:

svn propset svn:mime-type "text/"

on the files to mark them as text files. I've never had to do this
before, and there's been no changes to my ~/.subversion/config file
so I do not know what causes the 'auto-props' setting to mark them
as binary. Strange.