[blfs-book] Missing BLFS patches

Andrew Benton 63nton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 08:33:18 PST 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 09:59:13 -0600
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > cp: cannot stat `/srv/www/www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/firefox/firefox-8.0.1-provide_system_nspr_nss-1.patch': No such file or directory
>
> Andy,
>
>    Can you put this in the patches repository?  The last patch I see is
> for firefox-3.6.13.  Is the 8.0.1 patch the same?

I'd rather not. The instructions for Firefox are complicated enough. I
could add instructions for installing nss and nspr to the Firefox page
but it would just become a convoluted mess that would confuse anyone.
nss and nspr have their own pages in the book. I don't think the
benefit of installing nss and nspr from the firefox source would
outweight the damage it would do to the legibility of the Firefox page.

Andy