[blfs-book] r9022 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/sysutils introduction/welcome

Wayne Blaszczyk wblaszcz at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 29 02:45:54 PST 2011

On 29/11/11 11:07, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 05:07:55AM -0700, wblaszcz at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>> Author: wblaszcz
>> Date: 2011-11-28 05:07:51 -0700 (Mon, 28 Nov 2011)
>> New Revision: 9022
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>>    trunk/BOOK/general/sysutils/dbus.xml
>>    trunk/BOOK/introduction/welcome/changelog.xml
>> Log:
>> Updated D-BUS-1.5.8.
>>
>  Wayne - this is a development release.  From the 'NEWS' file -
>
> "In addition to dead code removal and refactoring, this release contains all
> of the bugfixes from 1.4.16."
>
>  unless you have a reason to require something that has been added
> in 1.5, I suggest 14.16. would be a better version ?  D-BUS
> development seems to follow the 'even numbers are stable' path, like
> gnome and pixman.
>
> ĸen

Arghhhhhh!
I've reverted back to version 1.4.0 for the simple reason that I already
had this page committed and had been testing with this version for the
past 6 months. If I have the chance, I'll look at 1.4.16, but it will be
low on my priority list, so anyone feel free to update this to the latest.
Wayne.