r8950 - in trunk/BOOK: . book general/sysutils introduction/important introduction/welcome networking/netprogs postlfs/config postlfs/security

Tobias Gasser lfs at ebp-gasser.ch
Wed Nov 9 15:01:52 PST 2011

bd
> Remove portmap and nfs-utils at least until upstream gets their act together.
> Stable NIS and NFS headers and functions not currently available from any
> source.

i replaced portmap with rpcbind and all the patchlevel#6 from debian

packages.debian.org/sid/rpcbind
after patching just cmi...

init.d is as easy as the old portmap (i still use the old lfs-booscripts
as i have plenty of additional scripts - i guess i'll be happy with the
old system until i replace sysv-init with upstart or more likely systemd):
  loadproc /sbin/rpcbind
  killproc /sbin/rpcbind

libtirpc is required!
i build it with the attached sunrpc-no-des.patch
i've no idea where i found this patch, but without i couldn't build it.
use "patch -p1" not the usual "patch -Np1"

nfs 1.2.5 from sourceforge

configure
 --disable-gss
 --enable-nfsv3
 --enable-nfsv4
 --disable-nfsv41
 --enable-mount
 --with-tcp-wrappers

make
make install

(i switched to nfs4 recently - my other lfs-systems connect fine, so
does ubuntu)

tcp-wrappers as in the book, compiles fine with lfs 7.0