Re: r8950 - in trunk/BOOK: . book general/sysutils introduction/important introduction/welcome networking/netprogs postlfs/config postlfs/security

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 9 11:33:16 PST 2011

bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>Remove portmap and nfs-utils at least until upstream gets their act
>together.
>Stable NIS and NFS headers and functions not currently available from
>any
>source.

Actually, I think that we should consider fixing this in LFS by putting the Sun headers back until we get a stable TI-RPC, our a new glibc major. The other option I'd to add an RPC headers package of or own (taken from the glibc source...assuming that I understand correctly that the functionality is there in glibc, just the headers no longer are installed.

-- DJ