[BLFS Trac] #3250: Openssh-5.8p2 requires a minor change to the sed script that modifies configure

BLFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jun 12 03:58:47 PDT 2011

#3250: Openssh-5.8p2 requires a minor change to the sed script that modifies
configure
 Reporter:  jeremy_henty  |       Owner:  blfs-book@…
     Type:  task          |      Status:  new
Component:  BOOK          |     Version:  SVN
 Severity:  minor         |    Keywords:  openssh
 Openssh-5.8p2 builds on my LFS-6.5 system, but the sed command
 "sed -i.bak 's/ -ldes//' configure" mangles some of the configure output:

 $ diff configure{.bak,}
 28156,28157c28156,28157
 <                                        { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking
 for des_cbc_encrypt in -ldes" >&5
 < echo $ECHO_N "checking for des_cbc_encrypt in -ldes... $ECHO_C" >&6; }
 ---
 >                                        { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking
 for des_cbc_encrypt in" >&5
 > echo $ECHO_N "checking for des_cbc_encrypt in... $ECHO_C" >&6; }
 28218c28218
 <   K5LIBS="$K5LIBS -ldes"
 ---
 >   K5LIBS="$K5LIBS"

 I suggest changing the sed command to "sed -i.bak '/K5LIBS=/s/ -ldes//'
 configure", which alters only the intended lines:

 $ diff configure{.bak,}
 diff configure{.bak,}
 28218c28218
 <   K5LIBS="$K5LIBS -ldes"