[BLFS Trac] #3180: NSS compile errors

Tobias Gasser lfs at ebp-gasser.ch
Wed Oct 27 14:48:25 PDT 2010

>  NSS does not seem to like having MAKEFLAGS="-j 2" set since the
Makefile
>  depends on files that it creates itself. If multiple threads are
running,
>  one thread may be looking for a file that the other thread has not
>  finished creating yet.
>
>  I am not certain about this, but I thought someone would want to check
it
>  out.

i globally use

MAKEFLAGS="-s -j$( cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | tail -n1 | awk ' {
print  $3 + 1 } ')"

but i can confirm, with nss i have to use 'make -j1' to overwrite the
global setting.

there are other packages where i have to use -j1:
make : groff, dmraid, nss
test : openssl, patch, tar
install : perl, python.

this is true for 2 (cor2duo E8200) or 4 (i3 530) processors.

tobias