r8265 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome xsoft/other

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 19 01:21:36 PST 2010

On 02/18/2010 09:23 PM, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 02/18/10 19:11 CST:
>
>> Author: dj
>> Date: 2010-02-18 18:11:15 -0700 (Thu, 18 Feb 2010)
>> New Revision: 8265
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>>    trunk/BOOK/introduction/welcome/changelog.xml
>>    trunk/BOOK/xsoft/other/thunderbird.xml
>> Log:
>> Updated to Thunderbird-3.0.1.
>>
> I meant to respond to you about the Enigmail thing, but did not get
> around to it. Sorry about that. But I think it needs to go back into
> TB *just until* we build the extensions page. Many people used those
> instructions. Can't we leave them in there until there is a suitable
> replacement?

Sure can.  That's why I only commented it out and didn't delete it.
I've tested the instructions as they were, and they are fine with
Enigmail-1.0.1....except I think maybe the path changed a little, or
something to that effect.  I can put it back in.  I just haven't built
it again with Enigmail extension after the first time since I had
installed the binary version and already had it installed local (to my
reused thunderbird profile).  I Enigmail is definitely out of place, but
it does provide an OK example of how to build extensions, though it's a
little misleading as you only need like 4 of the sub-projects built to
provide a suitable environment to compile addons.  In fact, the few that
I've looked at (source) come with instructions telling you exactly how
to setup your build environment.

-- DJ Lucas