[BLFS Trac] #2961: New package: DeviceKit-power

David Jensen djensenlin at windstream.net
Mon Oct 19 10:56:42 PDT 2009

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 03:11:33 -0000
"BLFS Trac" <trac at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> #2961: New package: DeviceKit-power
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  wblaszcz  |       Owner:  blfs-book@…
>      Type:  task      |      Status:  new
> Component:  BOOK      |     Version:  SVN
>  Severity:  normal    |    Keywords:
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
>
> Comment(by dj@…):
>
>  Yeah, I had just started to dissect the makefile before I had to
> leave again.  Thanks for the link.  After reading the descriptions
> there, I don't believe this is a real problem, but will have to add
> acl and attr libraries (see XFS home page).  IIRC, those were just be
> CMMI, but will verify shortly.

I just started dinking with extended attributes.  I was wondering if
attr should be an optional dependency of glib.  Viewing glib's
configure.in, I see attr is now in glibc, the header (sys/xattr.h)
appears to be equivalent to the SGI (attr/xattr.h).  Glib's GIO
will use the glibc code as it is checked first.  There are no programs
supplied for attribute manipulation though.

Anyway, are we sure the DeviceKit stack needs SGI's programs?  I
haven't looked.

I don't see any glibc acl libs.

fwiw
---