Gnome 2.2.8 (was Re: [BLFS Trac] #2958: Udev-145/146)

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 3 18:31:20 PDT 2009

On 10/03/2009 08:24 PM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
>
>> BLFS Trac wrote:
>>
>>> #2958: Udev-145/146
>>> -------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
>>>   Reporter:  dj@&                      |       Owner:  blfs-book@&
>>>       Type:  task                     |      Status:  new
>>> Component:  BOOK                     |     Version:  SVN
>>>   Severity:  normal                   |    Keywords:
>>> -------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
>>>

>>> Comment(by dj@&):
>>>

>>>   This will be current LFS instructions, with dependencies on gobject-
>>>   introspection (glib), with --enable-extras=gudev switch added, and
>>>   --disable-extras removed.  Also had to do 'CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/glib-2.0
>>>   -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include" ./configure...' to make it find the glib
>>>   includes in 146 (didn't try 145 as I accidently built against LFS-dev from
>>>   20090924 in last jhalfs run).
>>>

>>>   Current version of gobject-introspection is hopefully not needed for gnome
>>>   gudev because it breaks the build of gudev...for unknown reasons at this
>>>   time.
>>>
>> gobject-introspection (0.6.5) is needed for GNOME. It's required by
>> polkit 0.94. GConf requires polkit 0.94.
>> I'm still going through my first cut (working out dependencies) and I'm
>> up to GNOME Control Center.
>> Regards,
>> Wayne.
>>
> FYI,
> It looks like gnome-panel-2.28.0 Makefile is broken.
> applets/clock/Makefile has a missing include directory.
> LIBPANEL_APPLET_CFLAGS should have the following entry.
> /usr/include/gnome-desktop-2.0
> Regards,
> Wayne.

Cool...you way ahead of me then.  But thanks.  Looks like we'll need to
keep both PolicyKit and polkit however.  They are not conflicting as I
understand it...but HAL still needs the old PolicyKit (unless it's at a
point where we can do a full *Kit setup (still not sure I have a full
grasp on that yet).

-- DJ Lucas