[BLFS Trac] #2482: GNOME-2.26.3

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 3 10:52:52 PDT 2009

On 10/03/2009 08:43 AM, Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:

> Wayne Blaszczyk wrote:
>
>> BLFS Trac wrote:
>>

>>>   I think that is all that I have ATM.  Let me know if you want my build
>>>   scripts for the rest of Gnome that I have completed.  So far, everything
>>>   looks to be really, really solid now.
>>>
>> Thanks for that, I look at this closer in a few days time. Currently I'm
>> preoccupied with other things out side of BLFS, Hopefully I get back
>> into the swing of things in the next few days. As I mentioned before,
>> I'm going to look at 2.28.0. If it's not to drastic, and I get a
>> successfully core build with no new bugs/problems, I'll submit it all at
>> once. Has anyone got any objections to this?
>> Regards,
>> Wayne.
>>
> I've started to look at 2.28 and there is quite a bit of work to get
> this thing going. It will be a week or two before I'll get a working build.
> Does anyone know what is the difference between Policykit and polkit? It
> seems that some distros are keeping both versions.
> Regards,
> Wayne.

Argument where it was found that not much using old:
http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/358521-policykit-0-9-going-away.html

And better explanaiton:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/PolicyKitOne

That explains it pretty well.  Basically, drop PolicyKit-0.9 for
polkit-0.95.  I haven't found this magic 0.95 version yet though..but I
haven't looked just yet.  I'm on it too.

-- DJ Lucas