r7883 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/genutils introduction/welcome

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at dementedfury.org
Mon Jul 27 06:48:22 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 07:22:42AM -0600, wblaszcz at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> +  <!ENTITY rarian-buildsize     "5.9 MB">
> +
> +<!ENTITY TEMPLATE-version          "TEMPLATE-version">

Randy will probably pick up on these, but I just though I would mention
them while I'm here. Generally we tend to round buildsize up to the
nearest MB, in this case that would be 6MB. There's no need to keep the
redundant ENTITY around either.

> +      <segtitle>Installed Programs</segtitle>
> +      <segtitle>Installed Libraries</segtitle>
> +      <segtitle>Installed Directories</segtitle>

> +        <seg>librarian{so,a}</seg>

When we have a static and a dynamic library they're considered the same
library. Therefore, Libraries should be Library. You also need a period
in there, librarian.{so,a}.

Don't forget the new &lfs65_checked; entity when you build a package on
an LFS 6.5 system. It goes inbetween the description and "Package
Information". Good work, it looks pretty good.