[BLFS Trac] #2896: XZ-Utils (stable enough)

Tobias Gasser lfs at ebp-gasser.ch
Sat Jul 25 12:50:57 PDT 2009

>  I won't do that, but one more thing: I do want to see this in the book
>  some day.

i guess as soon as the "beta" is changed to "stable" you'll see it in
the book.

>  I think it's stable enough. What do you think?

i use it even to compess the kernel. i can't imagine a better proof for
it's stability...

it's really easy to install (configure --prefix=/usr && make && make
install) and has no dependencies.

if we'd vote, i'd check the "yes, include".

but it's not up to me to decide what's included.

tobias