r7607 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome x/lib

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 26 06:39:14 PST 2008

dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Log:
> Updated to Mesa-7.2.
>
> +    <warning><para>Mesa's GLUT library in not released under a free software
> +    license.  Permission is grated by the copyright holder for its use with
> +    in the Mesa distribution. <xref linkend="freeglut"/> is strongly
> +    recommended over Mesa.</para></warning>

Can we not make this a warning, but perhaps a note instead? I don't
think it should be a warning. If we are strongly recommending to use
Freeglut, why are we even mentioning MesaGlut on the page. Shouldn't
we completely remove anything about it and simply make FreeGlut an
optional dependency?

Additionally there are two typos:

library in not (is)
with in (within)

> +    <para>Build <application>MesaLib</application> by running the following
> +    commands:</para>
>
> -    <para>Install <application>MesaLib</application> by running the following
> -    command:</para>

Why is this being changed? Let's leave it as it was. Install is much
more accurate, and installing the package is the goal of the
instructions.