FW: Files in BLFS svn missing on anduin

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 29 08:36:09 PDT 2008

Justin R. Knierim wrote these words on 05/29/08 02:39 CST:

> ast-ksh (from blfs book, reason why it isn't on ftp repo):
> You must agree to the terms of the CPL-1.0 license in order to download
> the software. The download site is password protected, and the username
> and password are listed at the bottom of this license
> <http://www.research.att.com/%7Egsf/license/cpl-1.0.html>.

This one cannot be in the repo because of the license issue. Same
as the JDK files.

> junit (I swear this wasn't so simple to download before, I see it is on
> sourceforge now so I'll update it).
>
> html - I can add, I would prefer to name it something like
> Python-html-2.5.tar.bz2 though since otherwise it is hard to tell what
> the heck it is.

We cannot have it be named something different than what is in
the book. If it cannot be what is in the book, then don't even
bother putting it in the repo. The instructions in the book are
based upon the file being named what we think it is. Arbitrarily
changing the name doesn't help at all.

> patch-4.5.20.* for BDB - they are already on the server, also renamed:
>
> ftp://ftp.cross-lfs.org/pub/blfs/svn/d/db-4.5.20.1.patch
> ftp://ftp.cross-lfs.org/pub/blfs/svn/d/db-4.5.20.2.patch
>
> for example.  If you wish I use the not-clear original names let me know.

Same issue with the db patches as the Python doc file. If it
must be renamed, then don't bother putting it in the repo. Again,
the instructions presume the file is named what we think it is.

I'm for using the (what I consider very clear) names as outlined
in the book, and not some made-up name that folks would have to
guess to find. :-)

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.22] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
10:29:00 up 102 days, 1:17, 1 user, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18