r7193 - trunk/BOOK/postlfs/security

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 25 15:49:11 PST 2008

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>> +            --with-xauth=/usr/X11R6/bin/xauth &&
>
> Only Xorg-7.2 is in the book. Thus, /usr/X11R6 is technically incorrect, and
> /usr seems to be the only prefix supported upstream.

/usr/X11R6/bin is just the default first search path for xauth.  We
force the /usr/X11R6 symlink now if xorg is installed into any location
other than /usr, so that switch works for all possibilities in BLFS.  It
doesn't matter, at least not for PAM.  It'll search at runtime anyhow,
and just append our path to the end of the search, at least according to
  configure:

   --with-xauth          additional path to check for xauth when it is
                         called from pam_xauth added to the default of
                         /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth, /usr/bin/xauth,
                         /usr/bin/X11/xauth

-- DJ Lucas