Using Vim for xml [Was: r7181 - in trunk/BOOK:]

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:44:03 PST 2008

Resending: It seems the previous email with the attachment classified as
Spam.

On Mon, Feb 11, at 11:42 DJ Lucas wrote:
> Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> >
> > I've tried to fix the lines > 80 characters (thanks to dj who fixed some
> > of them in other commits).
> >
> > Here is a quick tip for those using vim for editing.
> >
> >     match Error /\%>80v/
> >
> > That setting will highlight the part after the 80th character in any line.
> >
> Oh cool, another one I didn't know.  I always use 'set
> 'textwidth=80      " wrap at 80 characters' and manually correct it when
> I need to.  Anyway, the match above has been permanently added.  Thanks
> for the tip Ag!

Hi Dj and thanks for the thanks! :)

Since I've found that I am not the only one that is using vim (thank god)
for editing, I decided to clean up an old xml vim script and to publish
it [1].

Please give it a try, as I just added a couple of functions and I don't
have test it thoroughly as I would like to, although the tag
auto-completion seems to work the way I want it.

I'm not really sure if you are familiar with vim scripting, so feel free
to ask me about the functions or any settings you don't understand.
If you have any comments/fixes or any other additions, please don't
hesitate (that goes for everyone of course -- cc'ing to -dev) to reply.

In normal mode just hit \h for a quick help.

1. http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ag/vimscripts/Xml.vim
--
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/Hacking