r7658 - in trunk/BOOK: . basicnet/connect introduction/welcome

Thomas Trepl thomas at equinox.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 21 23:36:02 PST 2008

Am Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008 22:49:41 schrieb Randy McMurchy:
> thomas at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> >      <para>Install <application>dhcpcd</application> by running the
> > following -    commands:</para>
> > +    commands as the <systemitem class="username">root</systemitem>
> > user:</para>

> > +<screen><userinput>make PREFIX= \
> > +         LIBEXECDIR=/lib/dhcpcd \
> > +         DBDIR=/var/lib \
> > +         SYSCONFDIR=/etc/dhcpcd install</userinput></screen>
>
> Not that I am trying to get you to do this differently, but I would
> have left it as it was (unpriv user building and root installing).
> It is the preferred method and the method used by all BLFS packages
> that can do it that way. Is there a technical reason you changed it?

No, there is no technical reason. I merged the 'make' and the 'make install'
into one command because of the additional parameters. The LIBEXEC= etc.
needs to be specified at the 'make' too because they are doing some seds
internally. The result would be two nearly identically commands (the letr one
with an appended install).

Its no big deal - I'll split it up cause I can understand your objection.

--
Thomas