MesaLib Problems

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 14 16:40:57 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 12:03:31AM +0000, none wrote:
> Hey!
> I'm having some problems compiling MesaLib
> I'm making a multi-lib box, and I already installed X libs both 64 and
> 32 compilations.

 Totally the wrong list!  This list is for discussion about
blfs-book, but even blfs-support is not really appropriate (at least
for the moment).

 cblfs-support is probably a better place to ask, even though you
seem to be using the old versions in BLFS-6.3.  In particular, you
are using USE_ARCH so I think it is reasonable to assume you have
read the clfs book.

 I'm not into debugging other people's scripts (debugging my own is
hard enough ;) but you aren't testing for errors.  BLFS has '&&' -
you just run through into the next command after 'make'.

 On the other hand, using a package manager (paco) will reduce the
number of people who might be able to help you.

 Having said that, multilib continues to be a PITA.  There was some
discussion on cblfs-support this weekend.