[BLFS Trac] #2512: k3b dependency on transcode

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:55:01 PDT 2008

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #2512: k3b dependency on transcode
> --------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
>  Reporter:  alexander at linuxfromscratch.org  |        Owner:  blfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  defect                          |       Status:  reopened
> Changes (by randy at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>   * status:  closed => reopened
>   * resolution:  invalid =>
>
> Comment:
>
>  I'm reopening this ticket, mostly because if I don't, Alex
>  will. :-)
>
>  Anyway, there is some confusion whether Transcode is, or is
>  not looked for at build time. I'm too lazy to look at logs
>  right now, but I put it in there, so at one time, configure
>  probably looked for it.
>
>  Perhaps now it is truly run-time only and it should be removed
>  from the "optional dependencies"
>
>  Either way, the ticket shouldn't be marked as invalid, unless of
>  course that Transcode is truly looked for at configure time. But
>  Bruce's comments indicate that it is only run-time. Confusing to
>  me.

I completely missed the 1st transcode entry in the Optional dependency.
It is not required.  I Just ran configure && make and there is no hint of it in
the output.  I also ran a grep through the source and did not find a transcode
header file.

Want me to remove the reference in optional dependencies?