r7386 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome postlfs/security

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 21:33:02 PDT 2008

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 04/20/08 20:53 CST:
>> Author: bdubbs
>> Date: 2008-04-20 19:53:35 -0600 (Sun, 20 Apr 2008)
>> New Revision: 7386
>>
>> Modified:
>>    trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>>    trunk/BOOK/introduction/welcome/changelog.xml
>>    trunk/BOOK/postlfs/security/tripwire.xml
>> Log:
>> Update to tripwire-2.4.1.2
>
> Bruce,
>
> It appears from your last several commits that your editor's defaults
> have changed.

Yes, I had to change it fro another project.

You're introducing many tabs into the XML where there
> has always been spaces before.
>
> As far as I know (or at least what I thought), all the white space
> in the XML should be plain spaces.

The only place I know where the type of whitespace makes a difference is in a
Makefile (dumb design, but we're stuck with that.)

The xml builds fine with tabs or spaces.

On the other hand, I agree that a project should be consistent.  If others are
expecting spaces or have tabs set for different indentation, it can be a pain.
It will also show up when browsing code via Trac.

I'll fix the pages I changed.