Hard/Symbolic Links [was: Re: r7347]

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:39:16 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, at 10:58 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote these words on 04/11/08 10:24 CST:
>
> > I am not sure, while we keep arguing over a trivial matter
> > contributes to a broader knowledge.
>
> FWIW, I don't look at it as arguing. I prefer to call it discussing.
>
> :-)

Yes, like Felix and Oscar did. :)

Now tell me.

What would you do in that occasion?

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2008-April/064365.html

Hard link of soft link?

What if the Original Poster had the / root partition in a different
file system?
I don't know, maybe is aware of the hard link behavior, I
just say that without thinking I would do symlink because that is the
standard thing to do, and I bet you would do the same.

--
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/Hacking