r7356 - trunk/BOOK

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:17:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Randy McMurchy
<randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 04/08/08 15:25 CST:
>

>  > Changing general.ent so blfs-version is 6.3:
>  >
>  > $ make entvars
>  > version="svn-20080407"
>  > blfs_version="6.3"
>  > downloads_root="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/downloads/svn"
>  > sources_anduin_http="http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/sources/BLFS/6.3"
>  > sources_anduin_ftp="ftp://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/BLFS/6.3"
>  > files_anduin="http://anduin.linuxfromscratch.org/files/BLFS/6.3"
>  > patch_root="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/6.3"
>  > errata="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/errata/6.3/"
>  > blfs_bootscripts_version="20080326"
>
>  I know that what has already been done clobbers my script that
>  creates versioned stuff in preparation for and the actual doing of
>  book releases (candidates, final, etc). I didn't look hard at the
>  above as I'm not really sure what it does, and I already have a
>  system I use to do this.
>
>  Is there anything other than during the release cycle that any of
>  the changes you've done to the BLFS VERSION stuff help with? I
>  suppose I should have looked harder to see what is being done.

Sorry about that. Since it broke things for both you and Bruce, I'll
just revert those changes and move on. It just looked like a worthy
optimization to me.

Anyway, let's just consider all this to just be a big reminder to
whoever is doing the release that all URLs point to the correct
location. I remember that 6.2-pre* got screwed up a couple times in
this respect.

--
Dan