r7356 - trunk/BOOK

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:04:06 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 10:11:24AM -0600, bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:

>  > Revert change that broke the nightly render script

>  I came up with a cheesy little hack so that you can easily dump out a
>  select set of entities in the form of shell variables.

Dan, it is an interesting hack, but I don't think we should change
general.ent to use an entity on the subject line.  The only time it
would change would be when we are creating a branch/tag for a release.
 The change then required is in the same file only a few lines up.
The release manager can handle that.  It's just too much effort for
not enough gain.

Besides, the value of download-root may well be 6.3 when the
blfs-version is 6.3-pre1, etc.