[BLFS Trac] #2393: blfs: luit: need one more step: ln -sv /usr/share/X11/locale /usr/lib/X11/locale

BLFS Trac trac at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 20 06:06:37 PDT 2007

#2393: blfs: luit: need one more step: ln -sv /usr/share/X11/locale
/usr/lib/X11/locale
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  pdfan                |        Owner:  dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org
     Type:  defect               |       Status:  assigned
Changes (by dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org):

  * owner:  blfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org =>
            dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org
  * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Yeah, this looks like it's been broken for a long time. Instead of adding
 the symlink, try rebuilding luit with the option
 --libdir=$XORG_PREFIX/share. There's also an option --with-
 localealiasfile, but the problem here is just that libX11 puts all the
 locale stuff in $datadir and not $libdir. I'll see if I can get that
 fixed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/2393#comment:1>
BLFS Trac <http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs>