r6991 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome postlfs/config

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 23:57:35 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, at 07:28 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> ag at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>
> > +          <para>[ag] - Removed the extra-prompt.sh script. Avoid to export the PS1
> > +          variable, and modified it. Thanks to David Jensen for the suggestions and
> > +          to Craig Jackson for the report.</para>
>
> Please don't credit BLFS Editors for suggestions on how to
> make the book better. That is their job. Because if we were
> supposed to be doing that, we've missed thousands of entries.

I saw the name of Alexander mentioned many times, that's why I credited
David. But if this is a general policy I will avoid to do it in the future.

Please allow me at least for this commit, as it's one of my first ones, not to
remove David's name, because a lot of his ideas incorporated in that commit.
And I wanted to credit Bruce to be honest. :)

On Mon, Jul 30, at 07:25 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> ag at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> > +    as invalid. That means you will loose the ability to use
>
> Please s/loose/lose/ as it is incorrect as written.

Done.

> > +    For these reasons we recommend to link <application>Mutt</application>
> > +    against <xref linkend="openssl"/> if you want SSL/TLS support.</para>
>
> Please reword it so that "we" isn't involved. There is no reason
> that "we" needs to be mentioned. Who is "we" anyway? Though you and
> I may know the answer, the reader has no clue who "we" is>

Done. Many thanks.

> > +    </caution>
>
> Just me, but is a "caution" really necessary? Why not just a
> note, or even just a paragraph? What is so "cautionary"?

I think is necessary because the result is a broken mail client,
incapable to do common tasks.
Brendan Cully (mutt maintainer) seems to working in the bug, but he
didn't yet posted a solution. I believe readers needs to know about it
and it must be clear enough.

I `grepped' for the caution tags, and are being used for similar situations or
even not so important like in this case, eg... the recode warning.

One more thing.
I committed these 2 typo fixes without to update the changelog. If I did it wrong
don't hesitate to correct me, your help is quite valuable for me.

Oh and I still get this warning after every commit (as I already wrote
to you).

Warning: 'post-commit' hook failed with error output:
/srv/svn/repositories/BLFS/hooks/post-commit: line 40:
/usr/bin/update-website.sh: Permission denied

--
Ag.