r6475 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome pst/ps

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 28 09:51:12 PST 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 01/28/07 09:29 CST:
> dj at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 01/28/07 01:59 CST:
>>
>> Log:
>> Removed modification of jai source file in fop instructions.
>
> I cannot see where this actually does anything except move the
> JAI file from the build directory to the root of the FOP source
> tree. Which actually, does nothing. I'm thinking about reverting
> the change, or does this change actually *do* anything, and I've
> overlooked it?

Revisiting this as there's a broken URL in the instructions as well
(a new version of FOP has finally been released).

I'm even more inclined now to revert DJ's change, as the way it is
now, we leave the *broken* JAI tarball on the system. The way it
was, the tarball is left *fixed*. So, unless there's something I'm
missing here, I cannot see what benefit the change does, at the
expense of adding an additional command to the instructions.

Can anyone provide a clue on what I may be missing?

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
11:47:01 up 18 days, 12:01, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.10, 0.20