[BLFS Trac] #2172: XDG Base Directory Issues

Luca liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jan 25 23:58:06 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson ha scritto:

> Could you explain? I'm not familiar with that (localized builds are on
> by default for American English speakers :)
>
> --
> Dan

Hi Dan.

Ok, here's what I added to .mozconfig:

ac_add_options --enable-ui-locale=it
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_LOCALES=it

Since the sources aren't localized (in fact they only include en-US) the
build command I used is:

make -f client.mk checkout build

(to download it localized sources); for Thunderbird-2.0a1 I had to
translate by myself all the stuff from American-English to Italian but
with the same commands it built succesfully. At the same level of
mozilla source top-dir (/usr/src/mozilla) I have a /usr/src/l18n/it
hierarchy with all Firefox/Thunderbird localized stuff.
In a file it's said that localized versions include only: cs, el, fi,
fr, ga-IE, he, hu, it, nb-NO, nl, pl, ro, sv-SE, ru but I think that all
the missing localizations can be added and should work simply
translating the original en-US stuff in the /usr/share/l18n/<*>
hierarchy and changing (obviously) the localization, example from it to
es etc... If the localized sources are not available they can be created
manually or if you have already there localized ones the "checkout" from
build command is not needed (langpacks version can differ from version
you're building so it's better to take a look at them to avoid missing
xml references etc...).

Luca