[BLFS Trac] #2172: XDG Base Directory Issues

Luca liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jan 25 21:37:50 PST 2007

#2172: XDG Base Directory Issues
> --------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  Luca    |        Owner:  dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  defect  |       Status:  assigned
> Changes (by dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>   * summary:  XFce-4.2.3.2 session => XDG Base Directory Issues
>
> Old description:
>

>> XFce-4.2.3.2 with the current istructions in BLFS-SVN-20061001 didn't
>> start on my system until I exported /etc/xdg to XDG_CONFIG_DIRS; after
>> that it began to start normally.

Hello (sorry for not using trac but actually I can't).
I don't remember if at that time I've specified the exact problem,
anyway with those instrs. when I started xfce session it caused a
mcs-manager segfault reporting literally the XDG* (needed export) -
tried a lot of times with and without the export; I don't remember
because I've upgraded it first to version 4.3 beta and now to version
4.4, anyway the segfault paragraph reported a phrase like "You need to
export /etc/xdg in your XDG* environment".
I would like to add another comment specific to a person but I find it
superfluous so I'm not going to write it. Nothing else to say.
Luca