r6452 - in trunk/BOOK: general/sysutils gnome/add introduction/welcome

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 21 11:54:10 PST 2007

dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 01/21/07 13:42 CST:

> +      For instance, <filename
> +      class="directory">/usr/local/share/dbus-1/services</filename> can
> +      be added by performing the following commands as the

Perhaps going forward you could use "issuing" instead of
"performing" the following commands. Just a pet peeve, I suppose.

:-)

> +    <systemitem class="username">root</systemitem> user you should add the
> +    <filename class='directory'>$GNOME_PREFIX/share/dbus-1/services</filename>
> +    directory to the local session configuration as described in the
> +    <xref linkend="dbus"/> configuration section.</para>

Instead of this, could we put the actual commands to use? Would it
be much trouble? I mean, almost every instruction we have in the
book is documented somewhere, we could probably eliminate 95% of
the BLFS instructions by creating generic instructions and pointing
folks either there or the package's docs.

Not a big deal, but I can't think of anywhere else in the book where
we point someone to a generic config and say "Figure out out how to
do what is required by looking at xyz and following that example".
There probably is, but I just can't recall off-hand.

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
13:46:00 up 11 days, 14:00, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.05, 0.20