r6418 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome multimedia/libdriv

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 22:51:06 PST 2007

On 1/17/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 01/17/07 23:19 CST:
>
> > -<screen role="root"><userinput>install -v -d -m755 /usr/share/alsa/doc/html &&
> > -install -v -m644 doc/doxygen/html/* /usr/share/alsa/doc/html</userinput></screen>
> > +<screen role="root"><userinput>install -v -d -m755 /usr/share/doc/alsa-&alsa-lib-version;/html &&
> > +install -v -m644 doc/doxygen/html/* /usr/share/doc/alsa-&alsa-lib-version;/html</userinput></screen>
>
> I believe there is some docs already installed in the original location.
> If so, we need to consolidate to one place. There are still lots of
> packages that put docs in /usr/share/package/doc, so that's why I've
> always left it there.

>From the alsa-lib package, or one of the other ones? From the looks of
it, we do all the alsa-lib documentation installation manually. Maybe
from one of the other ones, though.

I actually didn't mean to commit that right then. Just got a little
greedy with `svn ci'. We can certainly revert that part if it
conflicts with other docs that are installed in /usr/share/alsa/doc.
In that case, though, I'd think we'd want to move asoundrc.txt to that
same directory, too.

--
Dan