[BLFS Trac] #2279: Mutt/ffmpeg HTML tidy - Use Dev or Stable?

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 08:26:14 PST 2007

On Σαβ, Φεβ 17, at 06:14 Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> On Σαβ, Φεβ 17, at 03:43 BLFS Trac wrote:
> >
> >  However, it just sends mixed signals to use a dev version when
> >  there is a stable version available, yet we are stuck using
> >  "stable" HTML Tidy and FFmpeg when even those package developers
> >  say to use development versions.
> >

> With regards to ffmpeg,a long time ago (almost 1 year and a half),I had
> described the situation in one mail to blfs-dev and I had proposed to
> make a tarball from cvs.And I still believe that we should update the
> fmpeg package with that way.

And here is the link [1].August of 2005.

It's from one reply to you.The subject is GCC-4.0.1.
And the relative bit.
With regards to ffmpeg,the problem is that formal releases are rare and
the author himeself cleary states to go with cvs.
What we can do is to pack a working recent cvs snapshot,and to upload in
our site.