[BLFS Trac] #2279: Mutt - Use Dev or Stable?

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 08:14:15 PST 2007

On Σαβ, Φεβ 17, at 03:43 BLFS Trac wrote:

>  However, it just sends mixed signals to use a dev version when
>  there is a stable version available, yet we are stuck using
>  "stable" HTML Tidy and FFmpeg when even those package developers
>  say to use development versions.

With regards to ffmpeg,a long time ago (almost 1 year and a half),I had
described the situation in one mail to blfs-dev and I had proposed to
make a tarball from cvs.And I still believe that we should update the
fmpeg package with that way.

The same applies for HTML Tidy and at least for fvwm (although fvwm is not
in the Book).

We can't change the minds and the policy of the mutt developers here,we are
simple packagers.

What we can do however,is to thoroughly test the package and if we decide that
is stable enough (which I believe it is),then by all means it should be put in
the Book.

With all the respect,we don't break any rules here,we are just a bit ...hmm
how can I say it.. flexible?
Maybe is for that kind of situations the old saying was written.
"The exception that proves the rule".