r6617 - in trunk/BOOK: basicnet/mailnews basicnet/netlibs basicnet/netprogs connect/dhcp general/genlib general/genutils general/graphlib general/prog general/sysutils gnome/otherlibs introduction/welcome kde/add kde/core kde/devel multimedia/audioutils multimedia/libdriv multimedia/videoutils postlfs/editors postlfs/security x/installing

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 14 09:11:40 PST 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 02/14/07 10:57 CST:

> Sigh, most of the ones that had capitilization were by a mistake that
> Manuel made during XML conversion. Now the mistake is being propagated
> out. This is definitely something I would rather we didn't do.

I suppose I should clarify. When Manuel did the XML conversion, he
mistakenly thought that the "Title" of a package should be capitalized
and capitalized them all. But that's not what we wanted. We want the
package names to be the same as the upstream author uses.

Now, we've implemented this incorrect case into other areas of the
book. It's a bad commit, and needs to be changed. I'll do it right
now.

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
11:08:01 up 35 days, 11:22, 1 user, load average: 0.26, 0.19, 0.14