[BLFS Trac] #2242: BLFS-6.2.0 text changes

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 13 09:40:55 PST 2007

Chuck Rhode wrote these words on 02/13/07 11:19 CST:

> Here are some examples:
>
> The xreflabel in these packages does not match the case of the package
> title:

Many got goofed up during an XML conversion. I've been fixing them
as I notice them. As it doesn't have anything to do with the actual
instructions, I've never felt it was something that needed real
focus to get it all done at once.

> The xreflabel in these packages does not match the package title:
>
> : dvd+rw-tools
> : G-Wrap
> : ISO Codes

Good catch. These will get fixed.

> Here are examples of the same internal link used in hard-to-parse
> phrases:
>
> : basicnet/netprogs/cvs.xml

(I left one, but snipped the rest). Franky, I don't understand what you
are trying to say, and you don't provide any 'solution', so anything I
said would be a guess.

>> The external ones can certainly differ as they're written in on each
>> page they appear on, rather than referencing an entity.
>
> Here are some examples:
>
> : general/genlib/gmime.xml shows <ulink url="http://go-mono.com/sources/">Gtk#</ulink>
> : general/sysutils/dbus.xml shows <ulink url="http://www.mono-project.com/GtkSharp">GtkSharp-1.0.x</ulink>.
>
> : xsoft/other/balsa.xml and xsoft/other/gaim.xml show <ulink url="http://gtkspell.sourceforge.net/">Gtkspell</ulink>
> : xsoft/other/pan.xml shows <ulink url="http://gtkspell.sourceforge.net/download/gtkspell-2.0.4.tar.gz">gtkspell-2.0.4</ulink>

Again, not sure what you are suggesting here. Any future discussion
on this topic probably should be moved to -dev.

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
11:29:01 up 34 days, 11:43, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00