r6587 - trunk/BOOK/x/installing

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 10 10:02:09 PST 2007

Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote these words on 02/10/07 11:55 CST:

> Well,just see the "Dead links" ticket,which had worked quite well-I am speaking
> about the same kind of thing here.
> Wrong links and typos are good candidates for permanents tickets.
>
> Maybe with a little advertisement in the "Getting Involved" page - a
> pointer to those tickets (each for every release) - will be more easy for people
> who wants to contribute,at least for typos and Links.

First of all this should be discussed on -dev with a proper Subject:
line. Secondly, if what Ag is suggesting and Dan agreed with is
lumping a bunch of typos/dead links/whatever into one ticket and
keeping it open until all are resolved (even if that means other
issues are added to it while it is open), then fine.

But if what is being suggested is that even if all the issues in a
ticket have been resolved, and then the ticket isn't closed, then
I lean the other way. I just can't see what's wrong with opening a
new ticket. I like looking at recently entered tickets to see what
may be "hot" (simply looking at the list as I sort it by ticket
number). By all means, however, a discussion could provoke better
ideas that could be implemented.

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
11:57:00 up 31 days, 12:11, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.13, 0.11