r6587 - trunk/BOOK/x/installing

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 09:55:50 PST 2007

On Σαβ, Φεβ 10, at 11:32 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 02/10/07 11:26 CST:
>
> >> Speaking about typos,how about a permanent ticket for these kind of
> >> things?
> >
> > Great! Open one up with a 6.2.0 milestone and throw fixes in there.
> > Well, Randy's got say here, but it seems like a good idea to me.
>
> I'm hesitant about "permanent tickets". What advantage is there, vs.
> the hassle of having to constantly check an existing ticket to see
> if it has been updated?
>
> I'm not saying right or wrong, I'm saying I like the idea of tickets
> being closed after issues are resolved. Of course, I'll wait for
> community input and other ideas.

Well,just see the "Dead links" ticket,which had worked quite well-I am speaking
about the same kind of thing here.
Wrong links and typos are good candidates for permanents tickets.

Maybe with a little advertisement in the "Getting Involved" page - a
pointer to those tickets (each for every release) - will be more easy for people
who wants to contribute,at least for typos and Links.