r6532 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome x/installing

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 3 12:53:21 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 02/03/07 14:40 CST:
> On 2/3/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>> If you think in the next 10 days you'll start moving in trunk towards
>> LFS SVN, I'll cut the branch. Let me know.
>
> No, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's just use the current
> arrangement. When things are (hopefully) pretty quiet by the final
> -rc, then I might think about adding new stuff.

Cool. In fact, I sort of like the idea now of a 6.2 branch. I'm
going to cut it just for fun after releasing rc1 today. Yeah, it
may mean some additional merges from trunk to the branch, but I
just don't see there being many more.

In fact, there really only seems to be one ticket open (that
requires changes to the book) and it is assigned to you (and you
had a question about it, which nobody has addressed yet, I will
address it next). And merging is actually so easy, especially if
there are no conflicts, which makes it as simple as issuing a
merge command and then a commit. :-)

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
14:47:00 up 24 days, 15:01, 1 user, load average: 0.19, 0.11, 0.36