r6511 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome kde/add kde/core kde/devel

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Feb 1 14:16:04 PST 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote these words on 02/01/07 15:09 CST:
> bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 02/01/07 14:36 CST:
>
>> +  <sect2 id="kdelibs-runtime-dependencies"
>> +         xreflabel="KDE Libraries Runtime Dependencies">
>> +    <title>Run-Time Dependencies</title>
>> +
>> + [snip]
>> +
>> +  </sect2>
>
> Wouldn't a simple paragraph have worked? It doesn't really matter,
> however, this seems odd. The actual dependencies are a sect3
> header, why should run-time dependencies be a sect2? Seems weird.
>
> Plus, if I recall correctly, most other places in the book simply
> use a paragraph under the actual dependencies. Again, no big deal,
> but doesn't seem consistent with the rest of the book.

Not to be ticky-tacky, but after rendering, we really need to decide
how to go forward. In KDE-Base for example, there are now run-time
dependencies listed in a simple paragraph in the configuration section,
and right underneath that, a big <sect2> header with one more run-time
depend. We need to do one or the other, not both. Don't you agree?

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
16:13:00 up 22 days, 16:27, 1 user, load average: 2.26, 1.85, 1.13