[Fwd: Re: r7007 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/genutils introduction/welcome]

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 2 16:00:11 PDT 2007

Resent

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: r7007 - in trunk/BOOK: . general/genutils introduction/welcome
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 17:48:21 -0500
From: Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: BLFS Book Maintenance List <blfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org>

ag at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 08/02/07 17:35 CST:

> +    <para>The <application>rxvt-unicode</application> terminal emulator
> +    uses the resource class <classname>URxvt</classname> and the resource name
> +    <classname>urxvt</classname>. You can add X resource definitions to the user's
> +    <filename>~/.Xresources</filename> file, or to the system-wide
> +    <filename>/etc/X11/app-defaults/URxvt</filename> file.
> +    The following example provides a way to load the <classname>matcher</classname>
> +    <application>Perl</application> extension (assuming <application>Perl</application>
> +    support wasn't disabled), which enables a middle button click to open an underline URL,
> +    in the specified browser.

Please remove the last comma in the text above as it doesn't
belong there.

> +    <para>The <application>rxvt-unicode</application> application can also run in
> +    a daemon mode, which makes it possible to open multiple terminal windows within the
> +    same process. The <command>urxvtc</command> client then connects to

Please put a "the" before the [command]urxvtd[/command]

> +
> +   <note>
> +    <para>Use that option with caution. If the daemon crashes, all the
> +    running processes in the terminal windows are terminated.</para>
> +   </note>

Indentation should be two spaces, not one.

> +    <segmentedlist>
> +      <segtitle>Installed Programs</segtitle>
> +      <segtitle>Installed Libraries</segtitle>
> +      <segtitle>Installed Directories</segtitle>
> +
> +      <seglistitem>
> +        <seg>urxvt, urxvtd, and urxvtc.</seg>
> +        <seg>Many <application>Perl</application> extensions located under
> +        <seg>/usr/lib/urxvt</seg>

Not that it really matters, but we've made practice that if there
is only 1 directory installed, then we don't use plural "Directories"
above. It would be "Installed Directory"

And lastly, please make a Trac ticket that there is a version increment
available. And since BLFS-6.3 is probably at least 3 months away, let's
try to get it in before 6.3 is released. 3+ months is more than enough
time to test a package update. :-)

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]