r6997 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome postlfs/filesystems

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:07:21 PDT 2007

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 01, at 12:18 Randy McMurchy wrote:
>> ag at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>> Author: ag
>>> Date: 2007-08-01 11:07:44 -0600 (Wed, 01 Aug 2007)
>>> New Revision: 6997
>>>
>>> Modified:
>>>    trunk/BOOK/general.ent
>>>    trunk/BOOK/introduction/welcome/changelog.xml
>>>    trunk/BOOK/postlfs/filesystems/reiser.xml
>>> Log:
>>> Updated to ReiserFS-3.6.20
>>>
>>> +  <!ENTITY reiser-time "0.17 SBU">
>> Please round all SBU times to 1 digit of decimal precision
>> (in this case it would be 0.2 SBU). Thanks. For anything
>> above 10 SBU, just use the appropriate integer with no
>> decimals.
>>

> I will fix this inconsistency which applies and to other packages also.
> Here are some:
> xfs slrn tripwire ed joe

There are pages in the book that have not been updated since we
discussed the standardization of SBU and file sizes. From the editor's
guide:

"Units provided for the download sizes should be kilobytes (1024 bytes)
or megabytes (1024 kilobytes). Entries less than a 1000 kilobytes should
be specified as whole numbers (e.g., 320 KB); larger sizes should be
accurate to one decimal (e.g., 6.9 MB). Build sizes should be rounded to
the nearest megabyte and displayed as whole numbers (e.g., 38 MB). SBU
entries should be rounded to one decimal. If the value is less than 0.1
SBU, it should be listed as “less than 0.1 SBU”. Very long build times
(greater than 10 SBUs) should be listed as integer values."

> Can I roll some commits with these fixes? I can't promise that I will do
> all at once, but in time yes, so to be ready for the release.

I would not go out of my way to fix these.  They are minor edits that
can be done in conjunction with other changes.  I wouldn't even bother
mentioning these minor changes in the change log.  They are equivalent
to typos.