r6339 - in trunk/BOOK: gnome/core introduction/welcome

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 12 12:45:28 PDT 2006

dnicholson at linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 10/12/06 00:15 CST:

> +    <para>If you build <application>GNOME Doc Utils</application>
> +    without <application>Python</application>, the
> +    <application>pkg-config</application> support files will not be
> +    installed. Ensure that they are installed with the following
> +    command:</para>
> +
> +
>      <para>Install <application>GNOME Doc Utils</application>
>      by running the following commands:</para>

Something I've noticed that you do Dan, that has been discussed
before and determined that we should try do otherwise is individualize
commands with a description. LFS does this, but BLFS has always tried
to keep all the commands in the same block of commands to make cut
and paste just a bit easier.

So, instead of describing a command, then listing the command, as we
go forward could you just insert the new command into whatever
position is appropriate in the existing block of commands, and then
if necessary describe it in the 'Command Descriptions' section?

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.25] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
14:39:00 up 15 days, 23:37, 1 user, load average: 0.29, 0.17, 0.05