[BLFS Trac] #2173: Lua-5.1.1

Luca liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 5 04:35:15 PDT 2006

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #2173: Lua-5.1.1
> -------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  Luca         |        Owner:  blfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  enhancement  |       Status:  new
> Changes (by randy at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>   * milestone:  6.2 => future
>
> Comment:
>
>  What other package is there than can link to the shared LUA libraries?
>  Why do the shared libraries need to be installed?
>
>  My feeling is that patches that link optional package into the build
>  can be mentioned on a Wiki page, but are not appropriate for a BLFS
>  page. Instead, on a BLFS page, there should just be a mention on how
>  to modify the build to link these optional packages.
>
>  Changing the Milestone to future instead of 6.2. Discussion is
>  required before this package is added into BLFS, simply due to its
>  small user base. Would a Wiki page suit this package better?

It could be that a wiki page could be more appropriate, so it could be
for all the optional dependencies of kde-packages and other. However I
tracked down all the build instructions for all the recomended and
optional requirements for each package in blfs-book. It took a month or
plus, I don't remember, and a lot of paper and ink...

Luca