[BLFS Trac] #2172: XFce-4.2.3.2 session

Luca liliana.perossa at fastwebnet.it
Thu Oct 5 04:32:06 PDT 2006

BLFS Trac wrote:
> #2172: XFce-4.2.3.2 session
> --------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  Luca    |        Owner:  blfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
>      Type:  task    |       Status:  new
> Comment (by randy at linuxfromscratch.org):
>
>  I don't think it would be proper to add this to the Desktop File Utils
>  page unless these XDG_*_DIRS env vars needed to be set global wide. If
>  indeed it is determined that setting these env vars helps the XFce
>  package, then instructions should be placed on the XFce page.
>
>  However, because Desktop File Utils isn't mentioned as a dependency
>  or otherwise on the XFce page, why would it need to be mentioned?
>
>  I am confused with the entire reasoning in this ticket. Does Desktop
>  File Utils play some part in XFce (run-time, or otherwise)?

Hi Randy,

When I installed XFce-4 and tried to start its session mcs segfaults
telling that /etc/xdg needed to be exported in XDG_CONFIG_DIRS. After
exporting the variable the session began to start without problems; I
retried various times without exporting the variable and mcs always
segfaulted with the same error, that's all.

Luca