r6115 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome x/installing

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Sun May 21 22:35:24 PDT 2006

Chris Staub wrote:
> Andrew Benton wrote:
>> FWIW, I think information about dependencies should be in the book. It
>> would be a mistake to remove useful information.

It comes down to a matter of how much?  I think the note that Tushar put
in is useful...but to say that it needs to built first is incorrect.  In
the other two examples, the specific items listed *must* be built first,
in the order listed to satisfy other deps.  I think Tush's note will
stay, but It will be reworded slightly (so that 'First' is removed).

> The only way (that I can see, anyway) to add all
> dependency information for each individual library and app, and remain
> consistent with the rest of BLFS, is to put each one on its own page
> (making about 200 individual pages for Xorg).

Actually 293 pages by today's count on the upcoming xorg-7.1.  I used a
cvs pull of xserver 1.1 branch today.  Update will _not_ be a big deal
at all.  Still need a couple of fixes that aren't in yet (as of 30
minutes ago), so I don't know how much will have to happen with
tomorrow's release yet.  I know the fixes for what is current though! :-)

-- DJ Lucas