r6115 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome x/installing

DJ Lucas blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com
Sun May 21 11:43:14 PDT 2006

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
> On 5/21/06, DJ Lucas <blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com> wrote:
>
>> Wrong place.  Dep info for individual packages is to be covered in the
>> wiki.  BLFS assumes all packages are installed.
>

> In addition to the fonts section, the lib section also mentions the
> which libs need to be installed first to meet the sub-section
> dependencies.

Yes, I see that.  IMO, both of those should be removed as well, even
though it was I who put them there, they are leftover from the initial
draft before the wget lists were ordered.  Adding to the mix, utils also
does this, but because of different instructions for config-files and
imake.

Lets move this to dev for discussion.  I don't really see a problem with
it, other than I viewed it as a deviation from what we had as it
explicitly mentions a dependent package, and now I'm not sure.  Lets
involve the rest of the group and see how to handle these.  IMO, we
should remove all three and add to the note in the introduction "The
order of the wget lists should be followed to account for all
dependencies."

Xorg-7.1 will be out soon (Monday), and I'll go ahead and make all the
requested changes when that update occurs.

-- DJ Lucas