r6115 - in trunk/BOOK: introduction/welcome x/installing

Tushar Teredesai sukucorp at gmail.com
Sun May 21 09:48:41 PDT 2006

On 5/21/06, DJ Lucas <blfs-dev at lfs.lucasit.com> wrote:
> Wrong place.  Dep info for individual packages is to be covered in the
> wiki.  BLFS assumes all packages are installed.  You are probably one of
> the few who are not using the scripts. :-)

I followed the convention of other xorg modular packages. For example,
the fonts sub-section indicates that encodings & font-utils should be
installed first.

> It should be expressed in the introduction, that packages should be
> installed in the order provided in the wget files.  This is not
> currently the case, but it should have been put into the big note.  They
> are all (except for libs and font) in alphabetical order, but meet the
> deps of other packages as they are.

I would rather see a recommended build order in each sub-section. That
way we can cater to folks who install using the scripts and those who
script it on their own.

--
Tushar Teredesai
   mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org