r6105 - trunk/BOOK/multimedia/libdriv

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 18 08:44:19 PDT 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 05/18/06 10:31 CST:

> I would not have put it into the dependencies, but I wanted to emphasize
> that it is required for NAS in this case.

Perhaps it could be phrased differently then. Instead of just "If Xorg7",
could it be something a bit more descriptive? Even "If using Xorg7" makes
it more clear to me.

>> This is totally confusing to me. What is it supposed to mean? I'm not
>> sure anyone would understand this. Does it mean if you have JACK
>> installed, to not install NAS?
>
> Yes.  Or at least don't try to run the JACK and NAS servers at the same
> time.  If you can think of better wording, go for it.

Well, I think the whole thing should be removed, so I suppose we'll
just have to leave it. I think the way it is worded is technically
inaccurate. You can have a NAS daemon and a JACK daemon running and
what compatibility issue would you have?

I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck here, I just don't know what
isn't compatible.

We don't say on the Cups page that it isn't compatible with the
LPRng server, and vise-versa. And to me, there would be much more
chance of a compatibility issue with those two, than with two
different audio servers.

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.27] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
10:34:01 up 6 days, 2:34, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.15, 0.35