r6088 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome pst/ps x/installing

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue May 16 00:52:57 PDT 2006

bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Added paps-0.6.6 for UTF-8 printing

Many thanks!

> +    <para>To test the results, issue: <command>src/test_libpaps >
> +    test.ps</command>.  View the output file in any available Postscript
> +    viewer.  The results of the output will be more robust with DejaVu, Arphic,
> +    and Kochi fonts installed as explained in the <xref
> +    linkend="xft-font-protocol"/> Section of the X Window System
> +    configuration.</para>

Please mention that the reference rendering is available as
doc/example-output.png, and s/Postscript/PostScript/

Note for readers of this list (but probably not for the book): this is more a
test of Unicode coverage of installed TrueType fonts than a test of PAPS itself.
I.e., without these fonts, some characters will not be rendered. Nevertheless,
it is a good way to check if PAPS works by itself and if the font setup is good
enough for it.

> +          <para>is a text to PostScript converter that supports UTF-8
> +          character sets.</para>

There is only one UTF-8 character set, so s/sets/set/.

Otherwise, very good.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov