[BLFS Trac] #1966: XFree86 4.6.0

Andrew Benton b3nt at ukonline.co.uk
Sat May 13 13:29:16 PDT 2006

BLFS Trac wrote:
>  I got it compiled with no problems, nothing to fear from the change from
>  linux-libc-headers to linux-headers, but still... it's not advisable to
>  use extra optimization flags like the ones found in the xfree86.cf file
>  under xcbuild/config/cf directory...
>
>  but... used the i386 optimization line changed from -march=i686 to
>  -march=pentium-m with no errors, so... maybe it should be good to note
>  that users can modify this value to accomodate for their specific
>  architecture (no -O3 and not any other modification except the one
>  containing HasPAM from the original host.def stated in the BLFS book)

I think a lot of stuff that's in the host.def at the moment should be
moved to the wiki page.
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/XFree86-4.6.0
There is a lot of cruft in the xfree host.def that could be cleaned out.
I'm just running some test builds at the moment and intend to commit a
trimmed down host.def file to the xfree86 page tomorrow.

Andy